Terms and Conditions | General Conditions, Reservations, Payment Methods
On this page you will find all the legal information regarding Bago D'Uva 360º. The general conditions, booking terms, payment methods, responsibility, cancelation, refunds and complaint policy.
Terms and Conditions
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with us.
1. Our contract
All bookings are made with Bago D’Uva – Portugal Tours, LDA (us/we), trading as Bago D’Uva 360º. For more information on us please check clause 28. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions (which constitute the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis.
Dates and itineraries are valid until 31 December 2018. Beyond 31 December 2018 dates and itineraries are indicative only.
- The booking can be made on our website using the PayPal button on the tour's page, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly by calling the phone numbers (+351) 932 987 000 and (+351) 929 143 445.
- Bookings will only be guaranteed after the payment is received, as per clause 5;
- Prices include VAT at the legal rate;
- The prices quoted can be changed without notice.
One Day Tours
Booking Requests will be considered valid if made up to 24 hours before the date of the service. As soon as the availability of the day and Tour is confirmed, an email will be sent with booking’s confirmation and available payment methods.
Booking Requests will be considered valid if made up to 14 days before the date of the service. As soon as the availability of the day and Tour is confirmed, an email will be sent with booking’s confirmation and available payment methods.
4. Payment methods
We accept payments in Cash, Debit/Credit Card, Bank Transfer and PayPal.
5. Deposit requirement
One Day Tours
You are required to pay a deposit of 20% per booking for your booking to be confirmed.
You are required to pay a deposit of 30% per booking for your booking to be confirmed.
If your booking is made within 30 days of the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
6. Acceptance of booking and final payments
If we accept your booking, we will issue a confirmation e-mail. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation e-mail.
One Day Tours
Payment of the balance of the tour is due on the day of the tour, paid directly to the guide.
If you book within 30 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your payment. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 30 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
Our trip prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing, both of which are standard practice within the travel industry. This means our trip prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability. It is likely that different passengers on the same trip have been charged different prices. Your best option if you like the price you see is to book at that time. Once you have received a quote the price will be locked in provided you pay the required deposit prior to the quote’s expiry. Any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after you have paid your deposit will not apply. If you wish to cancel your booking to take advantage of a cheaper price, full cancellation conditions apply. The most up to date pricing is available on our website.
8. Your details
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements you must provide all requested details with the balance of the trip price. Necessary details vary by trip; they include but are not limited to full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements. Failure to provide requested details may result in additional charges or non-refundable cancellation of your trip.
9. Cancellation by the traveller
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
One Day Tours
- 7 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of the payment;
- Between 3 and 6 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost, whichever is greater;
- 2 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% of the total booking cost.
- 60 days or more prior to departure, we will refund the deposit;
- Between 30 and 59 days prior to departure we will retain the deposit;
- Between 15 and 29 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% of the total booking cost;
- 14 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% of the total booking cost paid by you for the booking.
If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by accommodation providers, travel agents or third party tour and transport operator fees.
10. Cancellation by us
No refunds will be issued due to breakdown of equipment (vehicle) or mechanical failure.
One Day Tours
We can cancel any tour up 24 hours before departure time if for some exceptional reason we cannot run it (unavailability of vehicles / seats or single person booking). In this case an alternative is presented and ultimately the tour will be refunded in 100%.
We may cancel a trip at any time up to 60 days before departure, subject to clause 15. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
11. Booking amendments
One Day Tours
If you wish to transfer from one trip to another or transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 7 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of €10 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels and ground operators). If you notify us less than 7 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period.
Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur a €10 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 2 days of departure.
If you wish to transfer from one trip to another or transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 60 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of €50 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels and ground operators). If you notify us less than 60 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period.
Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur a €50 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 14 days of departure.
The price paid for the trip includes:
- The acquisition of the service grants the customer a tour developed in at least one language spoken by the traveller with shuttle service, guide and visits to the sites included in the itinerary;
- Our company will pick you up at your hotel or another agreed location in Porto. Tours starting and / or finishing outside of Porto will be subject to an extra charge and are subject to availability;
- Customers have free time to visit the sites and monuments, respecting the planned itinerary;
- Insurances mandatory by law and civil liability in accordance with the Portuguese law;
- Several stops that allow you to smoke and drink moderately, while out of the car. Please do not smoke, eat or drink any beverage besides water inside the vehicles. If damage is caused (which includes stains) a fee will be charged for the extra cleaning that we will have to apply.
One Day Tours
- Pick-up at your hotel or another agreed location in Porto. Tours starting and / or finishing outside of Porto have an increase over the cost of the tour;
- A tour carried out in a vehicle with 5 to 9 seats with air conditioning.
- All accommodation, transport, sightseeing and meals as listed in the confirmation e-mail.
The price paid for the trip does not include:
- Guided tours within the monuments that are not described in the flyer, website and / or other public materials;
- International or internal flights;
- Airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges unless specified;
- Meals other than those specified;
- Visa and passport fees;
- Travel insurance;
- Optional activities and all personal expenses of any kind;
- Tips / gratuities.
14. Age & Health requirements
Minimum Age: For the majority of our trips there is no minimum age. All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18’s day to day care. If a legal guardian elects to designate an escort in their lieu, they will be required to complete and sign a relevant document, to delegate their authority.
Please note we cannot guarantee triple or adjoining rooms for families; accompanying adults may be required to share with others in the group on a twin share basis.
Maximum Age: For the majority of our trips we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our trips can be physically demanding and passengers must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow full participation. We are able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations to Portugal.
15. Small groups & combination trips
Our trips can depart once they have two fully paid travellers. This means at times we can have very small groups. Our trips are designed to fit with each other so this means that some of your group may have already been travelling together for some time when you commence your trip. If you would like to know how many people are booked on your trip or any combination trip it is part of please ask prior to making your booking.
16. Passport and visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to the country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
18. Change of itinerary
While we endeavour to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary. The closing or temporary unavailability of equipment or infrastructures, due to recuperation, repairing or technical and unpredictable flaws can occur; also, adverse weather conditions may lead to the punctual and temporary cancelation of certain activities. We hereby declare that the information provided and specified in the pamphlets/brochures, including dates, conditions and prices, is merely informative as it may be subject to alterations at any moment; therefore, such information does not bind the organizer until the conclusion of each contract.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid or accepting an alternative tour offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as visas or non-refundable flights.
19. Authority on tour
Our group trips are run by a tour guide. The decision of the tour guide is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a tour guide, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the tour guide may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of our country, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
20. Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is relaxed, but participation involves a degree of personal risk. It is your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
- We hereby compromise with you to punctually realise the Tours in accordance with the contracted terms;
- Our leaflets/brochures were developed in co-operation with our partners and were based on evidence that, in good faith, were presented to us. We cannot be held responsible for any error that may occur in the typography or printing and reserves the right to make any necessary changes with or without notice;
- We are not responsible for any objects stolen, lost or forgotten inside our vehicles;
- Our company cannot be held responsible for delays due to traffic or weather conditions;
- We cannot be held responsible if by lack of notice the vehicle hired cannot be used due to excess of luggage or luggage with unusual dimensions;
- Every time there is the need to an imperative substitution of advertising services by others, due to unexpected reasons, despite not being responsible for it, we assume that the substitution is equivalent.
22. Optional activities
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your tour guide or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
23. Claims & complaints
If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your tour guide or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 7 days of the end of the tour.
24. Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of a Trip or to send you marketing material in relation to our events and special offers. The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers or other suppliers to enable us to operate the Trip.
26. Applicable law
The laws of Portugal govern these Terms & Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a trip or these Terms & Conditions must be initiated in the jurisdiction of Porto and by its Tribunal da Comarca.
27. Registered address
Rua dos Moinhos, nº 93 - 4935-470 – Mazarefes, Viana do Castelo.
28. Final remarks
- National monuments are closed on public holidays;
- Passengers must remain in their seats while the vehicle is moving for safety reasons. Failing to do so can be dangerous due to sudden braking or uneven floors and can cause injuries to passengers and others around them;
- The company is closed on the 1st of January and 25th of December. In addition, availability is reduced on the 24th and 31st of December;
- The current terms and conditions are in accordance with the D.L. nº 446/85, published 25.10, and D.L. nº 61/2011, published 06.05;
- “Bago D’Uva - Portugal Tours, Lda.” travel agency is registered in the Registo Nacional de Pessoas Coletivas under nº 510 361 170, with the current share capital of 7.200,00 €, is inscribed in the Conservatória do Registo Comercial de Matosinhos and is the owner of the RNAVT license nº 3987, by decision of Turismo de Portugal;
- The resulting responsibility of our activity is, contractually and through the Insurance Policy nº 006464478, covered by Zurich Insurance Plc Insurance Company, Portugal Branch, head office in Rua Barata Salgueiro, 41 – 1269-058, Lisbon, NUIPC 980 420 636 and registered in Conservatória do Registo Comercial de Lisboa.